Program Description: Genuine Academy, Inc is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit created to aid in the academic development of at-risk youth in under-served communities. Our three areas of focus are academic enrichment, social engagement, and community development. The heart of the operation is the in-school mentoring program which teaches students the importance of character development, financial literacy, communication, and entrepreneurship.
Unlike any other program in the state, we cater specifically to the student’s needs based on geographical location, statistical data from the schools, and the prospective of some of the fastest growing companies in the world. After operating as a full-time mentor program over the past 2 years, we've secured a permanent location for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. As we continue our expansion, we’ll need a strong team to ensure the organization is run efficiently. We have several positions available ranging from administrative assistants, teachers, grant writers, fundraising specialist, and outreach coordinators.
If you have a passion for helping others and desire to expand your professional skills with an innovative company on the rise, we’re looking for you. Along with gaining valuable experience in your career field, you’ll also have an opportunity to work with several high-level companies.
• Operations - Mondays through Friday from 7am-3pm at Genuine Academy–Maintain and execute consistent student/parent communication, attendance tracking, and classroom assessments. Staff members must have a consistent method of transportation to and from the school.
• Outreach Events – Staff members are expected to attend outreach events and assist in setup, coordination, and break down. Events are a very huge responsibility that must be shared by everyone.
• Promotion – Promoting program events is a critical part of the program. Staff members will be expected to post information on upcoming events via social media on a weekly basis. This may include information on ticket sales, event location, and community partners.
Application Process: The application process for this position includes 3 stages:
1. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an application for employment.
2. Interview (preferably in-person, but able to occur via Skype as well). This interview will consist of questions to gauge knowledge of position, skill level and ability to perform necessary tasks.
3. The last step in the hiring process is the background checks. Typically, results are returned within 48-72. At that time, applicants will receive an email of the final decision.